Service Pricing and Booking
Bike Supply Drop operate a drop off or collect and return your bike service from your home or work address (fees apply).
We collect and return within a ten mile radius of central Newbury, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evenings between 6-8pm and Saturday mornings between 10-12pm (subject to availability).
Please see the map before for a guide to the area covered.
If you're not sure if we cover your area or not, just get in touch and we'll confirm for you.
We are NOT currently setup for Ebike motor servicing. Parts will incur additional costs unless specified in your chosen service.
FIXED PRICE MENU SERVICING
It is imports that your bike remains in good working order and a service is the best way to achieve this. Additionally, servicing helps highlight potential problems before they cause further damage or let you down (usually at the most
inconvenient time possible!).
We recommend choosing one of our Fixed Price Services below, but we are happy to accommodate other specific requirements if necessary.
INTERMEDIATE TUNE UP - £45.00
Recommended every 6 months or 750 miles whichever comes first.
- Brake & gear adjustment
- Check chain for wear, clean & lubricate
- Wheels checked for trueness and play
- Check & inflate tyres
- General safety check (handlebars, cranks & pedals etc)
- Recommendations for any further work if required
The labour cost of fitting any replacement parts is not included. The bike will be checked but not stripped down to component level.
For us to tune your gears and make brake adjustments, it is imperative the bike is thoroughly cleaned and degreased. If the bike is not cleaned and degreased, a cleaning fee will be charged.
GENERAL SERVICE - £80.00
By far our most popular Service as it offers the best value for for money for most bikes.
Recommended every 12 months or 1500 miles whichever comes first.
- Brakes are checked, bolts tightened, pads or cables replaced if necessary (does not include bleeding)
- Gears are tuned and indexed, cables and parts replaced if necessary
- Headset and bottom bracket are checked for play.
- Chain checked for wear and cleaned or replaced if necessary & lubricated
- Chainrings and cassette/freehub checked for wear
- All bolts checked including handlebar, saddle and crank bolts
- Wheels are checked for trueness, hubs are checked for play
- Wheel rim condition inspected for wear
- Tyres are inflated to correct pressure
Unlike most bike shops, additional work such as the fitting of replacement parts is included with this service eg fitting of tyres, new chain, gear cables or brakes pads (you just pay for the parts and fluids like sealant). For us to fit/change parts and cables and tune gears, it is imperative the bike is clean. If the bike and drivetrain are not clean, a cleaning fee will be charged.
This service excludes suspension components, pressfit bottom brackets, bearings of any kind, hydraulic brake bleeding and wheel truing)
BOSCH eBIKE GENERAL SERVICE - £100.00
General Service as above PLUS Software Update + Diagnostic Check + Drive unit casing Removed, Cleaned & Checked + Battery Check + Lock Mechanism Check + Full Report Printout Supplied.
To find out more about our Bosch eBike services CLICK HERE.
FULL OVERHAUL SERVICE from £140.00
Recommended for the keen cyclist, off roaders and for the restoration of classic bikes.
In addition to the main service, we will strip your bicycle down to component level, including headset, wheel hubs and bottom bracket removal, replace loose wheel bearings (excludes sealed bearings) if applicable and inspect condition of all components for wear or damage then reassemble using fresh lubricants.
For us to fit/change parts and cables and tune gears, it is imperative the bike is clean. If the bike and drivetrain are not clean, a cleaning fee will be charged.
(Excludes suspension components, pressfit bottom brackets, frame and sealed wheel bearings, hydraulic brake bleeding and wheel truing)
Individual Service pricing
- Tyre or tube replacement (wheel only) £18
- Tyre or tube replacement (in bike) £20
Tubeless conversion (Per Wheel) £35
Includes basic valve and Muc-off sealent
- Tubeless Tyre Swap £20
- Gear adjustment front or rear £12
- Gear cable replacement front £18
- Gear cable replacement rear £18
- Fit new chain £15
- Fit new cassette £20
- Bottom bracket replacement £35
- Bottom bracket adjustment £15
- Replace front chainset and adjust gears £30
- Fit new f/r derailers and adjust gears £35
FORKS AND STEERING
- Headset adjustment £15
- Headset replacement £45
- Headset strip and re-grease£30
- Fit forks£35
- Handle bar replacement£25
- Stem replacement£14
- Brake adjustment per brake £20
- Brake bleed per brake £30
- Fit Lights£10
- Fit cycle computer£10
- Fit mudguards (clip on)£12
- Fit mudguards (with stravs)£20
- Fit rack£15
- Bike set up from box£60
- SET UP £30
- Lower leg service (additional charge for seals may apply)
- Shock aircan service (additional charge for seals apply)